Wednesday, October 9, 2013

A little piece of memory

Lately I have been having a lot of trouble writing essays for college, school, scholorships and other random things. So, I figured I would just write down all the memories that are vividly in my head and possibly gain some inspiration/motivation from that! Even if it is the smallest, dumbest thing I remember.




  •  Playing with a rental tea party set my grandpa got for me when I was living with them in California while my mom was trying to figure out way was wrong with her heart. 
  • Winning a snickers bar from my kindergarden teacher because I could do the 100 multiplication facts in 5 minutes. 
  • I find it funny that now I can't remember what 8x7 is. 
  • One day I stayed home sick and I remember Grayson coming to my door with a ballon (that is still on my wall) and a card that said "get well soon." Not only did he do this because I was sick, but he did it because he knew my aunt passed away that same day from stage 4 lung cancer. 
  • I poured baby shampoo all over my cousins clothes when he was in the shower because he woke me up by throwing paper towels that were dipped in the toilet. 
  • The last day of school my junior year, my math teacher informed me that I got the higher grade on the math final, and that was probably my biggest accomplishment that year. 
  • I won second place at a Speech and Debate tournament with my best friend Danica Wilbanks, and I have never been more proud of myself then that very moment. 
  • I told our opponents "gg" while shaking their hands and one of the guys just glared at me. 
  • Later that year he was disqualified for having his internet turned on during a PoFo round. That'll teach you not to glare at me when I give you a compliment. 
  • This one guy told my friends that he was from Pakistan during a debate round, and they thought he was lying, so I made up a fake APSats assignment "to see the diversity of where people were born." I went up to the guy and asked him, turns out he was actually from Pakistan. 
  • I got asked to homecoming by fake spider webs and pipe cleaners. 
  • I asked a group of 7th graders by dressing up as a bush for Halloween. 
  • Passion Pit was amazing live, and it was a great treat for the first day of junior year. 
  • I went to go visit my friend Sara de Noyo at the hospital one day, and even though she was there, she had so much spirit and seemed so happy, like nothing could drag her down, not even CF. 
  • That was also the day it finally hit me that my friend Frida died. I also feel kind of bad for the person driving who had to listen to me cry the whole way home. 
  • But, they bought me dinner and it was really nice. Thanks dude. 
  • After Hannah died I went to Shari's with Cory boy and he told me I was his best friend and then bought me a pie shake. 
  • My coach, Mr. Curry once told me that I was an amazing debater and that I would prosper if I kept practicing. I teared up from that comment. 
  • I went on a two week round trip this summer and I discovered new things, new people, and I realized my life is going to rule. 
  • I was fortunate enough to see Hannah 3 days before she died. 
  • One time Grayson told me there was a serial killer in my garage and I was so terrified for some reason that I actually started crying. 
  • For my 17th birthday Danica took me on a scavenger hunt and it was the greatest birthday. 
  • For Dylans 18th birthday his mom set up a scavenger hunt and the girls totally should have won. Honestly though, that was one of the best days. 
There are so many more memories I could share, and I think I might do this when I need a little more inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment